Social media has become a part of everyday life for a lot of us, so it’s important to know how to protect yourself against scams whilst using it.
- If an offer looks too good to be true then it might not be legitimate. Do a little research before clicking on it
- Look out for links that look official, but direct you to a fake login page
- If someone you know has shared something with you, check with them that they actually recommended it
- Check the spelling in the URL as misspelled brand names can send you somewhere completely different
- Don’t always rely on the secure padlock icon in the address bar. It only means the web traffic is private, but doesn’t guarantee that you can trust the company