We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through our stores, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- The Sainsbury’s Group is currently made up of Sainsbury’s Supermarkets, Sainsbury’s Bank, Argos, Tu Clothing, Habitat, Argos Financial Services, Nectar and Insight 2 Communication.
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the Sainsbury’s Group.
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you want us to stop then here’s how.
- We also display online advertising relating to our products and services on websites across the Sainsbury’s Group, on other websites and online media channels.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
How do we use your personal information?
Cookies and similar technologies
Who might we share your personal information with?
Banking and financial services information
International transfers of personal information
Keeping you informed about our products and services
Automated decision making and profiling
How long will we keep your personal information for?